uses cookies to improve your online experience. By continuing to the site, you accept cookies from View our updated Privacy and Usage Policy to learn more. To clear cookies from, click here.


Being the largest country in South America, Brazil's evangelical church sends one-third of all Latin American missionaries into the worldwide harvest. TEAM’s vision for Brazil is to serve the national church in mobilizing, training, sending, and caring for its missionaries.

Brazilians are a very outgoing, friendly people who are passionate about many things, such as soccer, a good "churrasco" barbeque, but also about their relationship with Jesus! Their passion for our Savior, fueled with solid biblical, missiological and interpersonal training is why TEAM is in Brazil. We are sending these passionate Brazilian missionaries to the unreached around the world, and helping "wounded warriors" (those burnt out or 'hurt' in ministry) regain their zeal to serve the Lord.

Brazilians are loved around the world for their hospitality and their emphasis on family and community--this serves to their benefit and the Kingdom's advance in many regions of the world where North Americans often have a difficult time seeing eternal fruit. It is a great privilege to be a part of what God is doing through the Brazilian Church around the world, as they demonstrate these Christ-like qualities as they GO spread the gospel among the nations.

Our Ministries

​Here are some of our ministries in which God actively building His Kingdom through missionaries and the Brazilian Church. Take some time to read through them and be encouraged about the work, challenged to pray more, and motivated to be apart of what He is doing!

Oasis Counseling Center

Anápolis, GO, Brazil

Oasis’s vision statement is “To counsel missionaries, pastors, and their families so that they remain in their ministries longer and healthier”. Currently, in its 7 year existence we have counseled 352 missionaries and pastors from 26 Brazilian sending agencies, and 11 denominations. We are the only evangelical counseling center in the nation that has as its goal to serve pastors and missionaries exclusively.

Learn More

To read about other exciting ministry initiatives in Brazil click HERE.


We want to connect with you about the purposes God might have for you together with us in Brazil! Browse our listing of current needs in Brazil.

Opportunity TitleAreaLength
Teacher, Bible Institute (SAM) Brazil 9 months - 2 years
more than 3 years
General Construction/Carpenter Brazil 9 months - 2 years
Youth College and Career Worker Brazil 9 months - 2 years
more than 3 years
IT/Website Support Brazil 9 months - 2 years
more than 3 years
ESL Program Administrator Brazil more than 3 years
ESL Teacher Brazil 9 months - 2 years
more than 3 years
Missions Coach (Brasilia) Brazil more than 3 years
Missions Coach (Rio) Brazil more than 3 years
Missions Coach (São Paulo) Brazil more than 3 years
Missions Coach (Goiânia) Brazil more than 3 years
Short-term Workers/Internships Coordinator Brazil more than 3 years
Christian Counselor for Children and Youth Brazil more than 3 years
Mobilizer for Missions Brazil more than 3 years
Missions/Bible Professor Brazil more than 3 years

View All 14 Opportunities in This Area

Quick Facts

  • Brazil has one-half of the land surface and population of South America. It is the world’s fifth largest country in both area (8,511,965 sq km) and population (195,423,252).

  • Brazil currently has the strongest economy in Latin America, with no foreign debt. The middle class is growing, yet the economic divisions are still quite prevalent between the poor and the wealthy.

  • The Brazilian Church has awakened to cross-cultural missions, and is growing in their understanding, ability and need to send missionaries.

  • Over 85% of Brazilians live in urban areas.

  • Catholicism is the main religion, though Protestants are large in number too, with a strong evangelical presence throughout Brazil.

  • Many Brazilians call themselves Christians but remain shallow in their understanding of their faith.

  • 90% of Brazil has been reached with the gospel, half of that being in an established church, the other half are nominal. The remaining 10% are unreached (

Have questions?

TEAM missions coaches are available to answer your questions about becoming a missionary and help you find a place to serve.

Talk To A Coach